Payment & Website Development Policies
Unless other arrangements are made in writing between both parties, all projects at isiteWeb require a minimum 30% deposit prior to their initiation and the remaining due upon *completion. isiteWeb owns all project's digital and non-digital materials created by isiteWeb until payment is received in full.
*Minus deposit remaining balance will be invoiced net 30 days from completion or when website goes live. If project is not completed within 30 days you will be invoiced for all completed work up to the 30 days, then invoiced every 2 weeks for newly completed work. If a project that has already started is delayed (isiteWeb is waiting on client supplied content) or placed on hold (temporarily or indefinitely) by the client for more than 2 weeks, isiteWeb will invoice for all completed work to date. This clause overrides any invoicing timeframes set forth in the original contract.
All late payments are subject to a 10% charge on remaining balance due.
We will not start or work on new projects if an outstanding balance is due for a past project. All past projects must be paid in full before new projects will be started.
isiteWeb has the right to suspend, remove or edit files on hosting server if payment is not made within 60 days of invoice.
isiteWeb will charge overtime on any work requested by the client to be performed on the weekend. Client will be billed at time and one half the going hourly rate. This will also apply to Holidays.
isiteWeb will identify any portions of a project that require the use of third party plugins, modules or components and provide this in writing to the client in the initial estimate or during project development discussions.
isiteWeb is not responsible for the security, reliability, compatibility or support (both current and future) by third party developer for the lifetime of the project. Any updates by third party developers will be billed to the client.
- isiteWeb reserves the right not to accept projects that promote racism, pornography, or anything that is of objectionable contents.
- Websites created by isiteWeb will have the statement "Website developed by isiteWeb" placed at the bottom of at least the home page (unless other arrangements are made between both parties at the beginning of project).
- isiteWeb reserves the right to include in our portfolio any projects created or developed by us (unless other arrangements are made between both parties at the beginning of project).
- Text content will be provided by client as final drafts ready for publication and in digital form. Graphic content will be provided by client in an orderly manner and clearly labeled as to desired use on site.
- It is the client's responsibility to send content in finalized form. If isiteWeb must modify or edit already inputted content, this will be billed as new work and added to the project's total cost. These changes may also impact time-frames and deadlines set in contract.
- Changes to all finalized designs or layouts once development of the project has begun will be billed as new work and added to the project's total cost. These changes may also impact time-frames and deadlines set in contract.
- isiteWeb will maintain the confidentiality of client’s source materials, technical and marketing plans and all other sensitive information.
- Upon full payment of all invoices due, copyright to page designs produced by isiteweb for client shall belong to client. Secondary materials created by isiteWeb during production, including drafts, plans, graphic source files, and templates, remain the sole property of isiteWeb unless other arrangements are made.
- isiteWeb may use qualified subcontractors under our supervision for any or all work on projects.
- If a project requires the use of third party plugins, modules or components for any CMS system, these will be implemented as they have been developed by the third party developer. Any customizations requested by the client and performed by isiteWeb will be billed as additional work and added to the project's total cost. isiteWeb cannot guarantee that all requested customizations are possible due to the nature of third party programming.
Limitation of Liability
- isiteWeb will not be liable for indirect, special or consequential damages, or any loss of revenue or profits, arising in connection with the projects that we developed.
- isiteWeb reserves the right to delay or stop any project development for any reason without liability. isiteWeb will notify the client immediately of any changes of project development status, and make appropriate arrangements. If a stoppage in development is caused by isiteWeb, the client will be refunded the deposit minus expenses (expenses does not include time isiteWeb spent working on the project, expenses are actual cost isiteWeb paid for services, subscriptions, software etc). isiteWeb will discuss the issue with the client to attempt to resolve the issue prior to delaying or stopping any project, and allow for a reasonable time-frame to resolve the issue.
- isiteWeb is not responsible for the security, reliability, compatibility or support (both current and future) by third party developer for the lifetime of the project.
- Client is solely responsible for the editorial content of the material included on it's website. Accordingly, client agrees that it will defend and indemnify (hold harmless) isiteWeb from any suit, demand, or claim resulting from the editorial content of the website.
- Client represents to isiteWeb and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to isiteweb for inclusion in client’s website are owned by client, or that client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect and defend isiteWeb and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
- isiteWeb will set up web hosting for client with a professional hosting company known to be reliable. However, isiteWeb makes no guarantees as to minimum "uptime", nor shall isiteWeb be held responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages resulting from possible lapses in hosting services. Such possible damages include any lost profits or business interruption or loss of digital data.
- isiteWeb will not be liable to client or to any third party for any damages arising from the use of web site.
- isiteWeb will not be liable for any website down time or hosting server suspensions related to malicious code or website hacking. isiteWeb will help the client with any of these issues if they may arise but all time spent for support or updates will be billed at our current hourly rate. isiteWeb recommends all hosted websites to have a backup service on their account, isiteWeb is not responsible for website hosting backups.
- isiteWeb will not be responsible for support or account settings related to email for any hosting account. The hosting provider provides its own support for email, and is accessible 24 hours a day, and more capable and experienced in resolving specific email issues.
- Upon completion of a project, the hosting and domain registrations will be turned over to the client for annual auto-renewal and billing. It is the clients responsibility to maintain an up to date billing relationship with the hosting provider. isiteWeb is not responsible for any expired hosting or domain renewal issues. We are happy to answer any questions or address any emails you receive regarding hosting or domain renewals.
All digital and non-digital materials supplied by the client to isiteWeb for project development must be, either owned by the client or given copyright permission for publication. isiteWeb is not responsible for copyright infringements found on these materials.
Cancellation of project development
A request to cancel project must be made in writing to isiteWeb and include the signature of the authoritative client. isiteWeb will charge for the number of hours accumulated in project development before the cancellation request is made.
Pause in project development
A request to pause project development must be made in writing to isiteWeb and include the signature of the authoritative client. The delay will not exceed a period of 30 days. Unless other arrangements are made between both parties, isiteWeb will assume any delay requested by the client that exceeds the 30-day period a cancellation, and hence will charge for the number of hours accumulated in project development before the request to pause is made. Any pause in project development will void any predetermined time-frames or deadlines set in the original estimate and contract.
Please note, these terms & policies supercede any terms set forth in the contract or estimate.